Monday, April 03, 2006

The Uncle

This story happened quite some time ago. Who was lost in the scenario? I'm still puzzled. My girlfriend and I were having breakfast in Puchong before heading out to 1U last week. We reached our usual hawker centre and sat down on a table and minutes later a "attendant" came over and took our ofder for drinks.

After ordering our drinks, we started to think of what to eat. I asked my girlfriend of what she wanted and I would go place the order for her. Anyway, she insisted that she go and place her own order because the last time I ordered for her, it wasn't what she asked for. Oh well, anyways as I watched her walking to a stall and ordering, I was standing beside our table and looking at the available stalls.

When my girlfriend came back, I turned around and to my surprise, there was this UNCLE sitting at our table. "........" . I was stunned for a while. While some might argue because I wasn't sitting down at the table, my hand and whole self was at the table. Doesn't that give you the impression that I was there all the while???

I politely told the UNCLE,

Blur Me : "excuse me uncle, but you are sitting at our table".
Blur UNCLE: "how many people?".

I was still blur......

Blur Me : "2 person".
Blur UNCLE: "Sit lah.."

I was like.... Huh? Anyway, I just sat down and asked my girlfriend to sit too. I thought the uncle wanted to sit together as there were 3 seats altogether and the place was full already. My girlfriend seemed pissed as some "wan katt" man came over and sat on our table. Anyway, the uncle was kinda "jijik" as he kept on blowing his nose while eating. No comment....

He left after he finished his food and we left minutes after that too. After we entered the car, my girlfriend was still looking upset with the situation and we had a little talk. Only then that I realized that the UNCLE thought that we were asking his permission to sit on the table with him. I am lost for words...

1 comment:

UC said...

yer. why not sit at another table in the first place?